Friday 13 December 2013

TAG beauty talk!

My friend Jess has started a tag with a few questions on beauty and stuff so I thought I would give it a go :) make sure you give her a follow: 

What products have stood out for you this year? 
Um.. I think for me this has been the year of the primer! Like you will know if you read my last post I never used it before but now I wouldn't be without it! At the minute I am using Laura Geller's Spackle which I love. It make my skin so much smoother providing great base for my foundation :D 

What make up product would you recommend for young girls or people who are just starting to get into beauty? 
I would say get yourself a good foundation. I wear Rimmel match perfection which I love. It has brilliant coverage and literally is my match perfection! It is greater if you are younger or new to make up because it is a cheaper high street brand that I think it even better than some really expensive brands :) definitely give it a go! 

Favourite high street and high end beauty brand? 
Erm.. Probably Rimmels for high street but I am not sure about my favourite high end as I like so many. I wear lots of Benefit make up but I think they can be really touch and go. I would have to go with MAC or Estée Lauder! 

Most disappoint product you have tried... 
Benetint probably. I only got a sample of this product but I found it really hard to apply evenly and it made my skin really sore and spotty! :/

A beauty item you use every day... 
Benefits Fake up! I have the worst dark circles and this product has been my knight in shiny packaging. I absolutely love it :) it is not heavy under my eyes and leaves me looking so much more awake. It is really easy to apply as well! 

What are your essentials for winter? 
Ooh erm, a good red lipgloss is an absolute must for me! I also like to get myself a pair of false lashes from Illamasqua for parties. I have blue eyes so I like to wear golden eye shadows so I have to make sure I am stocked up over winter (MAC bare study is really nice). I love winter cos I make so much more of an effort with make up and you can make yourself look so festive! :D

What is your favourite product for a dramatic party look?
I like Maybellines black gel eye line because it is so was to apply! It is in my every day bag but over Christmas I tend to wear more of it and experiment with different looks. Dark coloured lips are always a must for dramatic effect and, if you don't over do it, glitter eye liners can look really nice :) 

What's on your Christmas wish list (beauty wise)? 
I have asked for MAC stuff in general and also I love Estée Lauder mascara so hopefully Santa will bring me on of those :) Benefit are doing really cute Christmas box sets which have some good products in so that would be nice as well :D 

Thank you for reading guys! If you want to do this make sure you tag #TAGbeautytalk on Instagram or twitter with a link!! And check out Jess's beauty blog for more inspiration and tips! 

Jamie-lee xxx

1 comment:

  1. YAY for Rimmel!!

    I had them as my favourite drug store brand too :):)

    http://wednesdayswwpink.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/beauty-talk-tag.html

    ReplyDelete