Saturday 21 December 2013

Christmas Day #19! (3rd time lucky haha)

It is showing that I have already posted this but I can't seem to find it anywhere so just Incase I thought I would put it up again! Sorry if this is the second time you have seen this, I just wanted to make sure you got all your Christmas days haha! :D 

For some of my friends gifts I am making them truffles! I posted a picture of the recipe on our Instagram (@scoshgirls) but I thought I would write it up on here so you guys could try them! If you give them a go let send us your pictures in a twitter with the hash tag #scoshtruffles and we will post them on here! :D 

You will need:
25g unsalted butter
5tbsp of double cream (naughty haha) 
350g of white chocolate broken into pieces 
You can also, if you are old enough of course, add things like orange liqueur! If you want to do this you will need 1tbsp and you add it during step 2 :) 

1) Line a tin with baking paper. Place butter and cream into a saucepan and bring slowly to the boil, stirring constantly! Boil for 1 minute then remove from the heat.



2) add 225g of the chocolate to the cream and stir until melted. Pour into prepared tin and leave to chill for about 2 hours (or until firm)



3) break off pieces of the mixture and roll them into balls then leave them to chill for a little while longer (30 minutes I would say) 

4) finally, put the remaking chocolate into a heat proof bowl and set over a sauce pan of gently simmering water until melted! Dip the balls into the chocolate and place onto baking paper and leave to set. 

5) you can then out them into cute bags for presents or, of course, eat them all yourself haha!! 

Tis recipe makes about 20 truffles, depending on how big you make them! 
Enjoy guys :) 

I also gave Jess her present today so I can finally blog about it!! Yay :) basically I made her a cookie in a jar. This is a really good present idea for someone who loves baking and you know they love certain foods! I made chocolate and nut oat cookies for Jess and when she has finished she can use it as a memory jar. This is basically where every day for a year you write down a memory and out it in a jar then you can reread them! I thought this was a really sweet idea! 


This is a picture of the finished product! Made sure you also write a label so they know what to do haha! 




What's your favourite Christmas treat? 
Jamie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment