Monday 23 December 2013

Christmas Day #24! (Christmas eve!)

As part of our house holds tradition, mum and I did some Christmas baking yesterday!! 

We made lemon curds, jam tarts, mince pies, cake covered jam tarts, sausage rollsand other festive treats!! 

Last year we had a bit of a lemon curd crisis! When it is in the oven in spreads loads and we never know how much to put in so it doesn't go over the sides and burn. Anyway this year, we decided to try it a different way and it worked really well! Instead of baking the pastry with the lemon curd in, you do it without. 


Make sure you poke little holes in the pastry (not going all the way through) to stop it from rising! 

You then heat up your lemon curd until it becomes liquidy and then you can pour it into the cooked pastry and leave it to set! That way you have just the right amount in and it won't burn! 




Look how good these look!! :D 

To make cake topped jam tarts all you need to do is make your pastry like normal and put in your jam but then cover the jam with vanilla cake mixture and put it into bake :) 



This is my favourite vanilla paste! You only need a tiny bit and it adds so much flavour. I like to be able to see the vanilla beans in the batter and this has loads :)


These ones are my absolute favourite, they are so yummy!! My nan sometimes puts a coconut  topping which also tastes amazing! 


Here are the jam tarts before they go into the oven. 


Sausage rolls are ready for Boxing Day! They whole family come over and we make loads of different party snacks!
Absolutely love Christmas baking!! Feeling really festive now :) 


today I am going out for dinner with my Dad and then when I get home we will watch Santa on google maps (I have done it ever since I was little haha) tomorrow will be the Christmas Day haul, super exciting! 

Ooh, I went to a Christmas jumper party the other day and my friends dog had just had puppies!! How adorable is he?! 


Hope you all have a lovely Christmas tomorrow and get everything you wanted! Send us your Christmas haul via twitter or email to let us know what you got :) 

What is the best present you have ever received? 
Jamie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment