Wednesday 18 December 2013

Favourite Drug Store Foundation!


Hey guys! Today I'm going to do my favourite drug store foundation!
Basically a cheap foundation you can find in Boots / Superdrug without delving into luxury brands.

My favourite drug store has to be the:
Revlon Colorstay Foundation - combination to oily skin - 150 buff (my shade)

This is what the packaging of mine looks like:


Now with research on this the packaging has changed. And I'm hoping not the actual product has, if it has I doubt it will be very much, the point I have noticed is the one (above) is the one I own has an SPF 15 whereas the newer one has SPF 6.
The recent packaging looks like this:



So anyway, this foundation is medium - full coverage so it is very buildable which is great also it is oil-free. This goes onto the skin pretty well, it is rather thick so you are best using a stippling/foundation brush. I use the expert face brush because I think it works best. 
This is very good coverage, I have a few break outs every now and again but I have plenty of freckles I like to cover up and this does a pretty good job of doing it. This is such a good colour aswell, I do think that the colours are really accurate and you will find one for your skin tone. 

Boots - £12.49! Tried a few more different drugstore and this by far is my favourite.
The only con to this is it isn't a pump action one, it's one you have to pour out meaning you could either get too much product or too less. So the only thing I'd change is the pump!

Abbie!

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely post! Wish I could wear the foundation but even the normal/dry one dries my skin out. Would you like to each do a guest post for each others blogs?

    If you'd like to, my contact is Caseyslifeandotherstuff@gmail.com

    http://caseyslifeandotherstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    Casey x

    ReplyDelete