Sunday 8 December 2013

Christmas Day #8! (I know you have had two but I couldn't resist)

Before I start this I want to apologise for how massive every single picture will be. I am such a technophobe and I can't seem to make them smaller on here :p 

Today I am going to show you my decorations we have put up today! 

First up is one of my favourite Yankee candles and a Christmas tree I made when I was younger! Mum puts it up every year and somehow it still works haha. The Yankee candle is 'fireside treats' which although smells amazing is not my favourite, I love Christmas cookie and the festive sweet smells!! You can also see my advent Calendar in this picture which I got from thorntons! It is so yummy. This morning I got a Viennese truffle! 


Then we have our mantel piece which is Mums pride and joy! We use acorns, holly, fake berries, fairy light, candles and then some false greenery which you can get from most shops around Christmas time :) we then put the traditions red socking on the side where we put smaller presents on Christmas Day! 



Finally, my favourite part of Christmas decorations, the tree. This takes us forever to do but I love it! We have a red and gold colour theme and every year since I was born Mum has brought me a new Christmas bauble that we put on! Whilst putting it up today we had mulled wine and lots of festive treats, it has been a lovely day! Around the conservatory we hang fairy lights so the whole rooms looks really pretty! 

 
All around our house you can find cute little Christmas decorations! We have teddies, stars, and homemade things everywhere :D a few years ago at school we made inexpensive candle holders. basically, you get a jar and using glitter, stick on stars or whatever you have spare you decorate it and then cover it in a coloured piece of tissue paper. My friend and I, Jess, were talking about making our own decorations and she suggested filling a jar full of fairy lights so it looks like fire flies in the dark which I thought was adorable :) if you guys have your decorations up send us a picture on twitter @scoshgirls :)

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend! 
Jamie-Lee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment