Wednesday 11 December 2013

Throwing an outfit together!

so last night we were asked on twitter to write a post about how to whip up an outfit when you are in a rush, which was absolutely perfect for me today! I leave the house at 7:30 in the morning and I woke up at 7:10 so things were pretty rushed :p last year I could just whip on my uniform and leave but now I am in sixth form I have to chose my own outfits. Whenever I am in a rush I try and wear statement pieces so I don't have to worry about accessories or doing OTT make up!

Today I wore a shirt that i got from Zara and teamed it up with a plain maroon skirt from New Look and a pair of boots. Normally this outfit would be really boring but because the shirt is so colourful and vintage it worked!


As a, sixth former that very often has to get ready in a rush, making sure that my outfits look good is really important to me! I tend to go for bold patterns which i can then team with something plain. I also end up wearing the same pair of black trousers from Next but if you team this up with a different top and vary the shoes it can completely change your whole look!
If I am not at school I have lots of warm winter jumpers that I can just throw on and look good with any pair of jeans. This is so simple and looks so cute and christmasy :) take a look at my previous post to have a look at my christmas jumper this year.

We had a look in Abbie's wardrobe to find her statement pieces and what she would wear if she was in a rush or had to throw an outfit together! This is what we found:


A dress is perfect because you only have to put on one item and don't have to worry about finding something to go with it! This one is from New Look and looks really good with tights. Abbie usually wears it with a pair of boots like these which were from Matalan:


My favourite Christmasy item we found was this jumper from New Look. It is really patterned and so could just be worn with a pair of jeans and would still look really good and like you have made more of an effort than you actually have haha!




Finally, a jump suit is another great item if you are in a rush! Just like a dress it is only the one item and can be dressed up or dressed down depending on the occasion!
This one is from Misguided and looks great with a pair of black heels :)


I hope that you enjoyed this post!
ooh, I was also talking about the musical I auditioned for the other week and I got Frenchie (we are doing Grease) so so happy!! We also have just started an instagram @scoshgirls so give us a follow!!
Hope you are all alright, thank you for reading!

Jamie-Lee xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment