Friday 29 November 2013

My top 10 most played!

Hey guys! I hope you have all had a good week. Mine has been so busy but very productive (if you count baking and watching Harry Potter as productive :p). 

I decided tonight that I was going to write about my top 10 most played on my iPod. My music taste varies really from, 'oh my god, listen to this!!' To 'erm, my friend downloaded this... I don't even know it erm...' But I am going to hide nothing from you are tell you all my most played.. 

So, at number 10 we have..
'Wherever you will go' I have the Charlene soraia version and I think it is so beautiful, I really love it. I it such an emotional song and her voice works so well with it! 'And I hope that someone out there will bring me back to you'

Number 9 is 'Demons' by imagine dragons. I am surprised with how high up this song is because I listen to it all the time. It was my driving force through my GCSEs and I think they are a really amazing band, I love them! The lyrics to this so are really great. My favourite line is 'I can't escape this now, unless you show me how'

At number 8 we have 'Toothpaste kisses' by The Maccabees. This song always remind me of Angus, thongs and perfect snogging which is a film based loosely on my life. I say loosely because I do not end up with a hot guy but I do end up going to a party dressed as a stuffed olive :p my favourite line from this is simply 'I'll be yours and you'll be mine'.

7 is the first from my favourite band, The Killers. 'Mr Brightside' is such an amazing song that even if you don't know the killers you must know this song. This live was absolutely incredible and I have so may memories with it. I love the video as well and the miss atomic bomb video that follows it just break me heart completely haha :p 'jealousy, turning saints into the sea...'

6 is another depressing song (noticing a theme I hope haha) 'Drugs don't work' by the Verve is one of the best songs ever in my opinion. It is completely heart breaking but such a lovely song. I really like the verve and this is my favourite song of theirs. 'And the drugs don't work, they just make you worse but I know i'll see your face again..'

5 is 'You belong with me' by Taylor Swift. I love Taylor so much and I think she is really talented. This song has always been one of my favourites of hers and again, it has the most adorable video (why do these this not happen in real life) I really like her RED album as well but sadly this is on my phone and not my iPod so it won't be appearing on the list! If it was though it would probably include most of them and if you are not a Taylor swift fan that may have been a little dull haha! 'Baby, can't you see you belong with me?'

At 4 we have 'Boston' by Augustana. This song is beautiful. It is one of my 'oh my god, you have to listen to this' songs. It tells a story that I think everyone can relate to at some point in there life. It talks about wanted to go somewhere and start again. His voice is epic and if you haven't heard this song you should give it a listen! 'I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of the sunset'

Nearly there guys, keep going haha! In my top three we have... 

'angels on the moon' by thriving ivy. I warn you in advance, this song is sad. Very sad. It is also really good and a song that if I was to make a sound track of my life I would definitely have to include somewhere in it. (A really dramatic part where I am storming off perhaps haha). It is the only song I know by the band and I really should listen to more because it is such a lovely song! 'Don't tell me if I'm dying, cos I don't want to know...'

At number two we have 'A dust land fairytale' again by the amazing band, The Killers. This song tells the song of Brandon's parents and the video (once again) is amazing. I think I like this band so much because the lyrics are so meaningful and have really deep meanings as well as been incredible songs! This one I particular is a really emotional song but it truly amazing. 'Now Cinderella don't you go to sleep, it's such a bitter form of refuge. Now don't you know the kingdoms under siege and everybody needs you...'

Finally, last but by no means least we have 'Viva La Vida' by Coldplay which is a song I don't think I could ever get bored of even if I tried. It fits so many situations for me and I think the band are amazing! This song is a mixture of all my favourite things: emotion, good lyrics, a good singer and of course... A bit of historical stuff thrown in :p what could be better? 'I used to role the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes...'
I don't think this is my favourite song of all time but, for me, it is the one that brings back the most memories. Good and bad and I think that is what makes a good song. A song that when you listen to it you can go back to the place you were when you first heard it or the person you were with. Music is really powerful and all of these songs have so many memories for me so thank you for putting up with my waffling haha! 

I am quite relieved that none of these songs were embarrassing. I was going to do top 25 but that would include many Harry Potter parodies, the whole horrible histories sound track and a bit of lonely island... Probably best if I don't quote them :p 

Pop us a tweet at @scoshgirls and let me know your favourite song or what you think of my most played. Also, if you like this and our other posts we would really appreciate a follow. Thanks guys! 

Jamie-Lee x

No comments:

Post a Comment