Sunday 24 November 2013

Christmas gifts!

So, I have been Christmas shopping today and got a few gifts for people but I find it so so hard. I. Thought I would post all the presents I buy (apart from Abbie's of course haha) to give you guys some inspiration! 
My favourite place for gifts this year is 'Boots' 3 for 2! You can get so much good stuff and it doesn't all have to be beauty things. I got my step dad a Nandos sauce set and another friend a cute jewellery box. If you were looking for beauty things, big brands like soap and glory do cutes cubes full of products and so I got in a few of them as well! They also do a different offer every week on a bigger gift and so I am waiting for the Laura Ashley one to buy my Mum :) 
Next up, I have a friend that I don't see that often as she lives away and I find her really hard to shop for. We both have a love for books and next year in York (favourite place) there is a performance of Birdsong which I am studying this year and which is a brilliant book. I have booked tickets for that and we are going to make a weekend of it which I thought was a lovely gift for someone I don't see very often. 
I was also thinking of creating a hamper for Mum of all of her favourite bits and bobs. This is a great gift idea because you can spend as much or as little as you want to on someone and it is really personal. 
Another one of my friends and I have decided that we are going to make gifts rather than buy them and so I am making her a CD of all of our favourite songs and then filling a jar with the ingredients to make Christmas cookies and instructions. She loves baking and I thought this was a really fun idea. 

Christmas shopping on a budget can be really hard but if you look for bargains and use discount vouchers or your NUS card you can make huge savings. Also, think about making personal presents for people which can be just as nice and save a lot of money! You could always suggest doing a secret Santa to cut down on the presents you have to buy or all go out for a Christmas meal somewhere which would be lovely! 

1 weeks until we can start the advent countdown! Hope you are all feeling super festive. 
I got my Christmas jumper for this year from Next for £30 but there are some lovely ones in Asda that are a lot cheaper. If you guys have any gift ideas or Christmas traditions tweet us @scoshgirls or drop us an email. 

Lots of love
Jamie-lee x

No comments:

Post a Comment