Friday 8 November 2013

York!

I went to York the other week for my birthday and I had the loveliest time! I had never been before but it is so beautiful. I am a sucker for vintage shops and it is full of them. They have a shopping place called the shambles and honestly it is the cutest place in the world. When we went it was throwing it down with rain and if a place still look pretty in the rain then you know it is good :)

We also went on a ghost walk which was the most hilarious thing ever! I was picked out as a 'volunteer' (of course) and I have never been so scared in my whole life! I would definitely recommend going on one of you are in an historic place because they are such a laugh. If you get a group of you like we did it just ends up being everyone laying at every other. We also went to Betty's tea rooms which I loved. It was the first time I have ever had a macaroon so, inspired by the great British bake off, I got my self a few and they were amazing, ever Mary Berry would have approved.

I am seriously considering York for university now so I think if I decide to do English and history that is where it will go cos there is so much on the war of the roses there which is my favourite part of history :)

Ps. If you ever go stop in a hotel called Marmadukes. It is like a boutique hotel and it was gorgeous and they are so so lovely there!

Jamie-Lee x

No comments:

Post a Comment