Friday 29 November 2013

My favourite books!


My friend asked me the other day what I would like for Christmas. Now most people really struggle with saying what they want for Christmas when they are but under such pressure, myself on the other hand, would also chose a book. They are without a doubt one of my favourite things ever!! 

For any fellow book lovers out there I decided to write a list of my favourite books or book series! 
Of course, no list would be even worth looking at if it didn't include the Harry Potter series. They were my childhood and are such amazing books. The story line is incredible and if you haven't read them I would seriously give them a go! The first two or three are slightly childish but of course that is who they were aimed at. As you get further into the series though, it becomes darken and makes for a brilliant read! 
Another firm favourite of mine is 'the hundred year old man that climb out of a window and disappeared' (yes, that really is the title) it is such a clever book that has you hooked from the beginning. I really loved it! 
Next up, I really like 'The perks of being a wallflower' that has recently been made into a film. It is full of inspiring quotes and is a really touching short read (I read it in a day) that picks on some really quite serious themes! 
'Birdsong' is a book that I am studying at sixth form at the minute and it is such a beautifully poignant book that focuses on the world. It shows the effects of war upon people are is a really heartbreaking yet truly amazing read. It is another book that you have to bear with until you get into it and maybe even have to read through twice to fully understand but I would definitely recommend it :) another book I have studied at school (now don't laugh) is 'Lord of the flies'. I found this book completely fascinating and it has so many underlying themes. If you were looking for a book that was a romance or something you didn't really have to think about I would recommend 'one day' or something similar but this is the perfect book if you want to analyse characters and situations. 
My favourite author at the minute is Philippa Gregory who is the author of many historical fictions. I am a complete sucker for history and I am reading the cousins was series at the minute. It is amazing and although not 100% historically accurate, all of the books have I read by her have been amazing, the cousins war being my favourites. Of course, I am biased though as I absolutely love the War of the roses and Richard the third ect. :p 

I know this is a fairly nerdy post but I hope that some of you are 'fan girls' like myself haha. Give me a tweet and let me know your favourite book and why or which fandoms you belong to! 

Jamie-Lee x

No comments:

Post a Comment