Tuesday 26 November 2013

Christmas party make up!

With Christmas coming up I go for more exciting and festive looking make up, particularly for parties! These are some of my winter must haves!

1) I love love love false eye lashes for parties! I am awful at putting them on but with a lot of practise I managed to get the hang of it and they look really good. My favourites are from Illamasqua and you can get them in lots of different styles depending on how dramatic you want to go!

2) next up is the brown smoky eye look. This teamed up with a gold glitter looks so Christmasy without looking too over the top. My favourite at the minute is a set from Dior called the celebration collection. It is quite expensive but there is so much in it and is such good quality. Maybe put it on your Christmas  list! 

3) red lips are my guilty pleasure. I feel naked without colour on my lips and as soon as the weather gets a little bit nippy I see it as an excuse to whip out the red lipstick! I absolutely love it and if you have never tried colour on your lips you should give it a go! I have lots of lipsticks I love but I tend to go for glosses or stains when it is a darker colour just to stop it looking as dry (also a lipstick is easy to mess up whereas the glosses tend to have easy to apply brushes). I get mine from Boots and they are all high street brands so you don't have the splash out for a great gloss! 

4) a good contouring kit is essential for all year round! I use the sleek pallet from superdrug and is it amazing. There is a blusher, highlighter and contour powder so you can do your whole face! You should put the darker colour just under your cheek bones (don't put on too much but just enough to create a definition) then out the highlight on areas you want to make stand out so you cheek bones and down your nose to slim it out. Finally the blusher should go onto, what I call. The apple of your cheeks. If you are unsure of how to apply this seen us a tweet and I will upload a video @scoshgirls 

5) finally, a glittery manicure! At the moment I have got deep purple on my nails with a glittering gold feature nail! It looks so festive and finishes off an outfit perfectly! No7 do good glitter polishes but OPI will always be my favourite nail policy brand. They go on so well and stay on until you take them off, they are amazing! 

Remember over winter to take good care of your skin with moisturiser as the cold weather can make it really dry and sore! I also need to carry a lip balm around with me at all times to stop my lips going dry. This is especially important if you are wearing bright lipsticks as it will show off any dry skin you may have on your lips. 

As you can probably tell I am feeling really festive! Got my first party this weekend so I will upload photos for you to see. Send us your Christmas party out fits and make up and remember to ask us any questions you may have. Thanks guys!

Jamie-lee x

No comments:

Post a Comment