Monday 11 November 2013

Jamie's audition!

So, I told you guys yesterday I and an audition today and finger crossed it went quite well. I ended up doing 'I see the light' from Tangled and Then we had to do a group dance piece and my monologue was Nell from 'Like dreaming, backwards'. This is a really deep monologue and is very dramatic so I contrasted it with Roxie's monologue from Chicago to show a wider range of skills. 

A lot of people have been asking my my top tips for auditions and I think the main one is the be yourself. It sounds so cliched but at the end of the day you have nothing to lose, if they don't like you oh well just give it a go and have fun! You should always be prepared and I like to have read the play I am performing the monologue from so I can talk about why I chose it and the different depths of the character which is really important (this is especially important if the audition has an interview afterwards as they will ask about this). People don't want to see you fail so don't think that and if you don't get the part... Keep trying. I have been turned down no end of times and it sucks but it teaches you new things. It gives you more experience so next time you can be even better! Make sure you dress sensibly and don't wear too much make up, they want to see what they can do with you.

Good luck to anyone that has an audition and if you are struggling finding them I would suggest ordering yourself a book called contacts 2013 full of agencies for you the contact. 

Jamie-lee x

No comments:

Post a Comment