Thursday 27 February 2014

NYT Audition!!

I have been, without a doubt, the worst blogger ever recently but, in my defence, I have had a very busy week! Anyway, I thought I would tell you about my NYT audition that I had on Tuesday. Hopefully this will put some of you at ease if you are planning on auditioning for NYT in the future. 

I did my audition in Sheffield and it started at 10:00. I got there at about half nine to make sure I was in the right place. The audition itself is brilliant. It is so relaxed and friendly! You do a three hour group workshop sort of thing in the morning where you do team building exercises, improvisation ect. Which is all really really fun! The best advice I was given was by the women taking the group who said, don't try and guess what they are looking for, just be yourself. 
If you have fun and get as much from the day as possible then it has been a success, getting in would just a great bonus!
You then get some time for dinner before you come back and do your individual monologue. The person watching is one of the people who did the morning workshop and they are so lovely! They ask you a few questions about what you are up to and then you perform. In my first year I was redirected but this year I was asked a few more questions which vary every time. They are not trying to watch you fail though, they want you to do well so don't worry about them! 

I find out whether I have got in or not in April so it is a bit of a wait but the trick is to not beat yourself up about it. If you tried your best that is all you can do. This is my second year auditioning so I have been turned down once and, although it is rubbish, you have to pick yourself up, not take it personally and keep trying :D 

If you have any audition based questions feel free to give us a tweet (@scoshgirls) or pop us an email and I will try my best to answer for you! 

I promise after this week I will be back to more frequent blogging but I have been so busy! 
Sorry guys! 

Jamie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment