Friday 14 February 2014

Blog Collab with Megan / BeautifulYou!


Hey hey guys. Today's blog is a collab with the wonderful Megan/BeautifulYou. This is based on a Valentine's Day make-up look, we've also done a post on Megan's blog - 
beaut-iful-you.blogspot.co.uk
^Take a look at our post and make sure you give her a follow! :-) 
Over to megan! :D

Hello Lovelies. Welcome back to Beautiful You!


As it is Valentine’s Day I thought that I would share with you a make-up look that is quick and simple that can be worn during a day date or in the evening! I decided to go with a smoky brown eye because in my opinion it is a lot softer than a black one and you don't want your make up to be too harsh or over the top on Valentine’s Day! Also I tend to go for more of the brown smoky eyes rather than grey as my eyes are more of a grey colour and I feel that brown compliments them more and this palette has more browns than greys! 


To create the smoky eye I used three shades from the Naked 3 Palette, which is amazing, the colours are so pigmented and so blend-able, it is incredibly simple to create a statement eye with this palette! For this look I used an Elf jumbo eyeshadow stick for the base just so I had an even tone to my eyelid to enhance the colours of the eyeshadow! Then I used Dust: the light pink shade, Limit; light brown and Nooner; the darker brown used in the crease to create the depth of the eyes, all from the Naked 3 Palette.

I then paired the simple brown eye with the MAC blusher in Peaches as I wanted to go for a neutral lip and I thought that an orangey toned blush would complement that more than a pink toned blush. For the neutral lip I used Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait with Tanya Burr's Champagne Toast lip-gloss over the top to create that shine!
                                                                    
I will list the rest of the products I used below if you are interested in what foundation (and so on) I am wearing! I hope you liked this look and that it may have inspired you to try something different! 


·        Revlon Photoready Primer (001)

·        Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation (100 Ivory)
·        Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (010 Ivory)
·        The Porefessional Pro-Powder
·        Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer (51)
·        MAC Blusher (Peaches)
·        MAC Eyeshadow for my brows (Charcoal Brown)
·        Elf Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick
·        Naked 3 Palette (Dust, Limit and Nooner)
·        Seventeen Precision Eyeliner Pen (Blackest Black)
·        Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Liner (001 Black)
·        Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express Mascara
·        Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter (Peach Parfait)
·        Tanya Burr Lip Gloss (Champagne Toast)


No comments:

Post a Comment