Saturday 1 February 2014

Practising the evening look on my Mum!

We have two weddings coming up this year and so I thought I would try out a few make up looks! Using my Mum as my glamorous assistant I did a Taylor Swift inspired evening look :) 


Mum doesn't have really long eye lashes so it is important when putting on eye liner than you only do a thin line. To get the right, I used a Maybelline gel as it glides on so much easy and is a lot better to control! For the golden base I used MAC 'base study' paint pot which is lovely and shimmery. I would recommend using your fingers to put this on as if not, with it not being a powder, it can drag and look a bit patchy! For the golden brown colours I used my kit from Estée Lauder. Unfortunately I don't know what these colour are called but you could recreate this look using a variety of different browns. Start off with a lighter golden brown and then add a darker brown to the corners. I used the golden shade under the eye as well which I think makes the look more sophisticated. 

Mum doesn't usually brave colour on her lips but I tried out a red and I think it really suits her. It is another Maybelline product called Super stay tint gloss! I love this product. The applicator is the perfect shape to apply to your lips and it has really good staying power so you don't have to keep applying it all night which is great! This one is 'endless ruby' which is a deeper slightly pinker red but they do loads of other different colours! 

On the brows I used my bobby brown brow kit and then for contouring I used the sleek palette which I got for my birthday! This product it great as it has all your contouring needs in one handy, light weight container. 

Massive thank you to my Mum for letting me use her as a model haha! 

Jamie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment