Sunday 9 February 2014

Will power // 'I wish' or 'I will'?

The topic for today's post is Will power! I have learnt over the past few weeks I have fairly good will power which I found quite surprising. My Mum and I have started at Weight Watchers as a way of eating healthier and keeping fit and I am finding it surprisingly easy. I have also started to crack down on revision more will, trust me, take a lot of will power haha. Anyway, I thought I would give you my top will power tips: 

1) Do stuff with your friends! 
It has been so much easier at Weight Watchers having the support of Mum. We are both eating the same things and we are able to support each other and give motivation. Whatever you need will power in, whether it is sport, work or eating healthier do it with a friend! You can help each other :) 

2) Set yourself mini goals! 
I like to write myself a 'to-do' list where I tick things off when they are done. It provides a great incentive to do stuff when you have it written in front of you. This is the same with losing weight. If you write down what you are eating or say 'this week I want to have lost x amount' it gives you something realistic to work towards. Realistic is the key word here. Don't say you are going to finish all your revision notes or run 7 miles when you know you won't be able to. When you don't achieve it you will become disheartened. It is always better to exceed your expectations :) 

3) Plan a treat for when you have done something! 
Mum and I have decided that once we have lost a certain amount of weight we are going to go and and buy a new outfit and visit a spa. If anyone offers me cake or chocolate as much as I want it I would much rather get myself a lovely dress in a few weeks time. 

4) Don't give up! 
If, like me you have quite ambitious goals, don't give up! For me it is my acting but whatever you want to do, keep trying and if you have a bad day don't let that then become a bad week. You have got to be brave and put yourself out there for lots of things and it is all about preparing yourself for rejection but not letting that stop you trying again. 

I feel like I write a lot of motivational blog posts at the minute so I apologise. They are as much for me as they are for you guys haha. I guess that is my last top tip: write stuff down. If you are having doubts or finding stuff hard writing it down can really help you figure things out and put things into perspective. This doesn't have to be on a blog for the world to see haha, this can be in a diary or on a bit of scrap paper you are just going to throw in the bin :p 

I feel like Sunday should be renamed 'Jamie's philosophical time' haha. As you can tell, my Sundays are not the most thrilling, hence these posts. I hope this has given some of you guys a little bit of will power and motivation :D 

Hope you all have a good week and remember to tweet us any of your 'a week with Scosh girls' photos with anything fun you do this week to appear in next Sundays blog post! @scoshgirls :) 

Jamie xx


No comments:

Post a Comment