Tuesday 21 January 2014

January blues!

I have been back at sixth form two weeks now and have managed to limit myself to only one break down so far which is good haha! Everyone seems to be really down at the minute with everything and on the verge on giving up with it all so I thought I would do a post for anyone out there who is suffering with January Blues :D 

This was inspired partly by the fact my history teacher asked me 'if I could do a thirty second speech to the whole world, what would it be?' It was a really you question but I think I have decided. (Yes, I know this isn't technically a speech or to the whole world but let's just go with it haha) 

I want to start of by saying whatever you are doing never ever ever give up! If you want something you are going to have to work hard for it and on the way there will be blood, sweat and tears (hopefully not blood but I thought it was an appropriate time to whip out this cliche). I am finding sixth form a lot of hard work but to go on to do what I want to do I need to come out with good grades so, hopefully, all the hard work will be worth it. If you have something that you want to do or that makes you happy don't just drop it because you are bored or you 'give up' because then you are failing by default. I must send off nearly 50 emails every weekend to agencies and so far I have had nearly 50 rejections every weekend but if I stop now all that time I spent putting into it will go to waste and I will never get accepted by any. Acting is my dream so I have to work for it. Whatever your dream is, you too will have to work for it. All this staying positive and working hard is easy said than done and I completely appreciate that but... (Morbid, cliches quotes coming up: BEWARE) you do only live once and so do stuff that makes you happy, try out new things and take risks! You never know what could happen. Yes, you might get rejected. What have you lost? If it is school work that is getting you down think about where you will be when it is all done and think about how much you will thank yourself in the future for picking up a pen now and doing some extra work. Life's too short to get yourself down and although horrendous things happen every day, beautiful things happen as well and if you focus on them and have a positive out look on life I guarantee your life will get better :) 

My teacher once suggested writing down a list of things every day you are grateful for or doing something to help another person everyday. I know these seem like silly little things primary school teacher still you to do but they actually do work! When I am feeling down I like to write myself a plan and get all my thoughts in order. That way I can see a clear aim written down and ways I am going to achieve it. 

I hope that this post has at least made you think a little bit and if you have stopped reading by this point I certainly don't blame you haha but if you are still here first up, thank you and secondly stay positive and make 2014 the best one yet! 

(A very philosophical) Jamie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment